Learn about Sopatra Diagram Management: Creating, Renaming, Refreshing Images, Searching, and Deleting Diagrams
Features Available in this Section
|Creating a Diagram||Learn how to create diagrams in Sopatra, enabling you to visually represent and communicate complex concepts or systems.|
|Rename a Diagram||Learn how to rename a diagram in Sopatra, allowing you to easily update and modify the name of a diagram.|
|Refresh Diagram Images||Learn how to refresh diagram images in Sopatra, ensuring that your diagrams display the most up-to-date and accurate representations|
|Search for Diagrams||Learn how to effectively search for diagrams in Sopatra, enabling targeted access to specific diagrams based on keywords, names, or other criteria.|
|Delete Diagrams||Learn how to delete diagrams in Sopatra, allowing you to remove unnecessary or outdated diagrams from your project's collection.|
Creating a Diagram
Click the Create Diagram button on Sopatra.
After clicking the button, a modal will appear asking for information on the new diagram. Not all fields are required, but either the name or number must be specified. After the information was filled out to your satisfaction, press the Finish button to create your Action Diagram.
You will then be navigated to an empty Action Diagram page where you can start dragging thumbnails from the sidebar and building your Action diagram.
Rename a Diagram
1. To rename a diagram in the ‘Diagrams Dashboard,' locate the diagram of which you wish to change the name/number/description, and hover your mouse over the widget header to reveal the header buttons. Click on the ‘ Edit Entity‘ button.
2. The ‘Edit Root Information’ modal will pop up, allowing you to edit the ‘Name’, ‘Number’, ‘Description’, and ‘Labels’ of your selected diagram. Once you have made your desired changes, click ‘Save.’
3. The diagram’s image card within the ‘All Existing Diagrams’ widget will now be updated to reflect your changes.
Refresh Diagram Images
Refreshing a diagram’s thumbnail image forces the thumbnail to be re-generated to reflect the latest changes in the diagram.
1. To refresh a diagram’s image in the ‘Diagrams Dashboard,’ locate the diagram you wish to refresh its image, and hover your mouse over the widget header to reveal the header buttons. Click on the ‘ Refresh Image’ button.
2. After a moment, the diagram’s image card in the ‘All Existing Diagrams’ widget will update to reflect the new diagram image.
Search for Diagrams
To search for diagrams in the ‘Diagrams Dashboard,’ locate the ‘Find a Diagram…’ text box in the top right corner of your ‘All Existing Diagrams’ widget.
There are two ways to search for diagrams in ‘Diagrams Dashboard’:
- Type in simple ‘Name’, ‘Number’, or ‘Description’ keyword searches in the text box and then hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard or click the button to the right of the text box.
- Click the blue button to the immediate left of the text box which will open the ‘Advanced Search Editor’ for your convenience in building search queries. If you need additional assistance in building proper search queries, visit ‘Searching for Entities‘.
Deleting a diagram permanently removes just that diagram from your project’s database. The root entity and any relationships it may have will remain intact.
- Within ‘Diagrams Dashboard,’ locate the diagram you wish to delete, and hover your mouse over the widget header to reveal the header buttons. Click on the ‘Delete Diagram‘ button.
Note: If you’re using a touchscreen that does not have a mouse, tap anywhere in the diagram card widget header to reveal the row of buttons. Visit the ‘Widgets‘ page for more information on interacting with Innoslate widgets.
- A modal will pop up to ask you to confirm that you wish to permanently remove this diagram and all of its associated data from your project. If you’re sure, click ‘Confirm Delete.’
This will return you to the ‘Diagrams Dashboard’ and the diagram you deleted will no longer show up in the ‘All Existing Diagrams’ widget.
To continue learning about Sopatra Diagrams, Click Here.
(Next Article: Manage Diagram View (Sopatra))