Take all acronyms out of a current document and put them into a new document with Innoslate's Acronym Extractor.
The Acronym Extractor tool in Innoslate allows you to take all of the acronyms out of a current document and put them into a new document of just acronyms with their full names.
- From any given document in the ‘Documents’ tab found throughout Innoslate, click the ‘Acronym Extractor’ button located in the menu of the document.
- This causes the ‘Acronym Extractor’ window to appear, where you should pick the ‘Extraction Options’ and the ‘Confidence Level’ you would like. Pick the ‘Extraction Options’ you would like to extract acronyms from. In this tab, you would also pick the ‘Confidence Level,’ which prompts Innoslate to take only the acronyms it is confident about to a selected level. A 95% Confidence level means that the acronym is found multiple times in the document with a possible detected definition. A 65% Confidence level means that an acronym is found once with a possible detected definition. A 40% Confidence level means that an acronym was found but there was not a definition detected with it.
- After selecting ‘Next,’ the ‘Acronym Extractor’ will show the number of acronyms discovered.
- Once in the ‘Validate’ tab, it will display the acronyms it found in each confidence level. You can expand each confidence level and view the acronyms within it, along with the names associated with each. Click on an individual acronym or name to edit or add one. This will show up in the final document. Select the ones that you would like to have on your acronyms document and click ‘Next.’
- In the ‘Generate’ tab you may select the options that you want to apply to your selected acronyms, such as where they will be stored, the traceability of the acronyms, and if you would like to make your acronyms hyperlinks. Under ‘Acronym Document’ you can select whether you want to add new acronyms to the current document’s acronym document or the project’s acronym document. Under ‘Traceability’ you can select to create traceability from the acronyms to the current document, and/or pull existing acronyms to create traceability. Under ‘Hyperlinks Creation’ you can select to create hyperlinks to replace the acronyms, and/or pull existing acronyms to create hyperlinks.
- Select the ‘Create’ button, and a new document will appear with all of your selected acronyms in it, along with the full names of the acronyms Innoslate is confident about (or you wrote in). You may add more statements and/or requirements here also if you would like to in this document.